Saturday, December 20, 2008

Market Day in Marovoay!

This is my friend Clarisse. She sells some delicious Tilapia...mmm.
Mangos! Mangos! and more mangos! Each of those piles of mangos is about 10 cents! Delicious!

I thought this woman and her daughter were strong, beautiful people. She was really into her product placement for the photo! She was selling kida (bananas), mahabibo (cashews), and ravitoto (ground cassava leaves that make a sauce out of here, I'm not a big fan of it...)


This is Madame Iarlalaina and her husband. Probably two of my most favorite friends that I have made. She serves fresh coffee, tea, mokary (the bigger bread) and ramanonaka (the smaller bread) all day from this little stand. I eat breakfast and chat with her three or four mornings a week. I have learned so much vocabulary from her! and She is pregnant and due in February!



1 comment:

  1. I would like to buy some of those mangoes.and eat them there with you.

    ReplyDelete